An upgraded version of the OneDisburse® Refund Management® funds disbursement service will make refund disbursement more seamless for students and campuses – without offering loans or credit cards to college students.
Colleges and universities will have access to a number of new features including:
- OneImportSM data transfer – enables a campus to seamlessly transition from an internally managed direct deposit refund program to OneDisburse Refund Management
- OneReviewSM compliance service – an extension of Higher One’s Title IV compliance assurance
- OneDisburse PLUSSM refund disbursement – eliminates the need for your business office to print checks for parent PLUS Loans
No Upgrade Necessary!
OneImport data transfer enables a campus to honor past refund preferences, allowing for a more seamless transition to a new, more efficient refund disbursement solution. This will help those campuses who have been primarily dissatisfied with the strain electronic refund distribution puts on the campus business office, but reluctant to put students through more change. Click to learn more!
OneReview Compliance Service:
Higher One’s Refund Management service has always handled compliance with the Department of Education’s regulations pertaining to the distribution of Title IV funds. OneReview compliance service provides a campus with even more support for compliance through a dedicated Higher One resource prepared to provide any assistance necessary regarding disbursement of Title IV funds through Higher One’s OneDisburse during an ED Review.
To help campuses achieve greater efficiency and cost savings, the OneDisburse service includes the OneDisburse PLUS refund disbursement service;a product enhancement specifically designed for the distribution of Parent PLUS Loan refunds. Based on client feedback, Higher One has developed an option to help eliminate printing of paper checks for PLUS Loans. Clients will now be able to maximize greater customer services and cost savings. Click to learn more!
Advanced Student Service:
- Promotes choice amongst students during the activation process:
- Ability to electronically deposit refunds into any bank account in the United States
- Electronically deposit refunds into an optional no monthly fee, no minimum balance, FDIC insured checking account provided by Higher One
- Elect to receive a paper check in the mail.
- Students receive their refunds for free and can change their refund preference as many times as they would like for no charge.
- Students do not have to worry about being sold credit cards and loans because Higher One offers neither.
Here’s how Higher One's OneDisburse Refund Management Funds Disbursement Service works:
How the process works from an administrative perspective:
- A college or university identifies which students are eligible for a refund and the amount. (Think of this as what you do currently. However, instead of hitting a button to print checks, you send a file to us.)
- The college or university sends a flat file to Higher One with an identifier for the student and the amount of the disbursement.
- The college or university wires Higher One the total amount for the disbursement.
- Higher One distributes each refund to the student based on the preference they’ve selected.
- Higher One handles all exceptions and all customer service.
*The funds are held in an FDIC insured escrow account at our partner bank in the name of the college or university for the benefit of its respective students.
For more information regarding the new features of OneDisburse Refund Management solution, please contact 1-866-444-4379 ext 4113.
Accounts held at Cole Taylor Bank and WEX Bank, Member FDIC. Detailed information on your account can be found in your Terms and Conditions.
© Higher One, Inc. 2012. Higher One and the Higher One logo are registered trademarks of Higher One, Inc. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. All other names and logos are owned by their respective owners.